we hear a lot of questions, here are some of the most frequently asked questions
- Do you custom build for any size?
Yes, we can make any size or shape you need. We can make mats for any area where there are livestock. We also make mats for double alleys and the Silencer Turret Gate system.
- Will you measure my space for me?
Yes, we can come to any facility upon request. The charges are $300 for visit within a 350 mile radius of our facility and $.50 per mile both ways for any mileage after that. You can also use our Handy Measurement Guide.
- How do you move the mats around? Do they have handles?
We can add handles made from metal or chain to any Double D Mat by request. If your mat does not have handles you can use hay hooks to help move it around. We have some available upon request.
- Are the mats too heavy to lift?
To keep the weight down in larger spaces we recommend ordering two mats rather than one. If the mats are still too heavy you can use a bobcat or loader to help lift. The Double D Cattle Mats® are 5.5 pounds per square foot. The Baler Belt Double D Mats are 4 pounds per square foot.
- How often do my mats need to be cleaned?
It’s a personal preference; in our feedlot we clean ours about once a month. However, if the mats are outside they don’t need to be cleaned as frequently as the weather keeps material from accumulating.
- Can we fasten the mats to concrete?
Yes, we can insert a 3” wide by 3/8” thick flat metal piece that can be used to screw into the concrete.
- Do you have standard sizes?
Yes there is a list on our website. Most standard sizes are available for shipping immediately.
- Will you deliver and install the mats?
Yes, we can do this for $15/hour while installing them, as well as a freight expense depending on the amount of mats and mileage.
- Do the Double D Cattle Mats move around?
Sometimes, if the cattle come out of the chute and turn right away the mat may move a little. If this happens we can make you a larger, heavier mat, or you can fasten the corner of the mat to a post, fence or the chute.
- Do you make round mats for tubs and curved mats for snakes?
Yes, we can make them any size or shape.
- Do you make mats to cover a bud box?
Absolutely, we have found that you might need to fasten these mats to concrete in the bud box.
- Can you ship the mats anywhere?
Yes, we can ship Double D Mats anywhere in the United States as well as overseas.
- How do you measure for the mats?
Read our Handy Measurement Guide to find out how to measure your facility for a custom Livestock Slip Reduction System.